>Example Blog 3 Image
  • The Uni’s Student Wellbeing and Inclusivity Service (SWIS) support students with anything effecting their wellbeing mental health and they run drop-in sessions and can refer you to free services such as counselling. Further information on our service can be found here. You can request contact via telephone or Zoom by completing this form
  • Counselling Services:The University offers counselling sessions to students through Validium. Students can access counselling by:
    1. Completing an online counselling referral form
    2. Requesting a referral during a Drop-In session with one of our Wellbeing Assessors
    3. Requesting a referral through their Accessibility and Wellbeing caseworker if they have one. Further information about our counselling service can be found here
  • Student Wellbeing Support Line Provided by Validium, this is a 24 hour phone line, operated 7 days a week, 365 days a year, specifically for University of Essex students. The number is 0800 970 5020 (outside UK: +44 141 271 7168)
  • "vClub": is an online support option, available to all University of Essex students, provided by Validium. You can login online by using the login: UniofEssex and password: Wellbeingsupport
  • Silvercloud is an online cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) resource offering a range of mental health programmes
  • Local NHS Mental Health Helpline – NHS operate a telephone service open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you call you’ll speak to a professional in your local NHS mental health service who can discuss your current mental health needs and provide access to further support. Ring 111 and then select the Mental Health option
  • Samaritans – a confidential support service for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair. They run a free 24 hour telephone helpline on 116 123
  • CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) is a service for men aged 15 to 35. They have a telephone support service that operates daily, 5pm – 12am on 0800 58 58 58
  • In an emergency or life-threatening situation you can get urgent medical support at the Accident and Emergency Department of your nearest hospital. You can also call for emergency support by ringing 999 or 112 and requesting medical support. (If you are on the Colchester Campus please do not call 999 yourself but inform Campus Security on phone extension 2222 or 01206 872222 – the Campus Patrol officers can then support the emergency services to get to the right place on campus)